About Me

My photo
Welcome! We are a homeschooling family of 12 living a smallish home, with a Lab named Samson, a Morkie named Cookie, and square foot gardens. Loving the Lord and learning as we go!

Us.

Us.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

New things and old things. (Kefir and FB)

New Things:
A friend from online shared some of her Kefir Grains with me (via mail). I was a bit intimidated at first...but the process if very easy! I'm not sure I can stand to drink plain kefir milk. It reminds me of the milk that used to sit out at my best friend's dairy parlor. If you've been in a dairy, you know what I'm talking about.

There so SO many ways to use kefir milk though. A few I found on THIS site. First on my list to make is bread and smoothies.

Old Things:
After a bit of prayer and discussion, we decided to dip our toe back into the world of Facebook. I'm really not interested in cultivated a huge 'friends' list full of people I do not know, nor engaging in discussions that draw my mind and attention away from what is most important (my family and the Lord).
So far we just have family and a couple local friends. I wanted to keep in better contact with my siblings (since they are all on FB now)..follow my brother's restoration project (36 Dodge truck)..and just take each 'friend request' as it comes. We won't be uploading pictures to FB though, which makes us rather boring, since most people just want to snoop at pictures anyway. (and yes, we're guilty of this too :P )

And Pinterest. Something that was introduced to me a while back, but with great disappointment realized I couldn't 'Pin' since I didn't have a FB account. My mother-in-love walked me through the steps..and I'm on my way to 'Pinning' all my interests to my boards. Lotsa fun. It's like a gigantic Favorites webpage complete with pictures to remind me what the link is about .

I think that's about it for now. Sweet toddler is running water in the sink upstairs, so I think I had better scoot up there quickly!

No comments: