About Me

My photo
Welcome! We are a homeschooling family of 12 living a smallish home, with a Lab named Samson, a Morkie named Cookie, and square foot gardens. Loving the Lord and learning as we go!

Us.

Us.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Reclaiming my kitchen!

That's it. I've had it. I'm reclaiming my kitchen!
or more appropriately, my fridge.

The boys go in and take whatever they want..whenever they think they're hungry. It's getting ridiculous...and it's hard on my grocery budget. (my children are far from malnourished!)
The hardest part is remembering snack times, and making sure my oldest three remember not to walk in and take an apple whenever they feel like it.

I've made out a lunch & snack menu for Mon-Fri:
fruit is either apple, banana or orange..or applesauce

Monday-
snack (10am) pb on crackers
lunch (noon) cheese tortillas and fruit
snack (2pm) fruit and crackers, homemade yogurt

Tuesday-
snack-apple slices and string cheese
lunch- top ramen and baby carrots
snack-cream cheese graham crackers

Wed.-
S-pb crackers/cheese n crackers
L- tomato soup or pb and jelly sandwiches
S-fruit/crackers/yogurt

Thurs-
S-raisins/fruit/dry cereal
L- hot dogs on buns, pickle slice
S- string cheese and popcorn

Fri-
S- meat and cheese on crackers
L- grilled cheese sandwiches and applesauce
S- yogurt and fruit

No comments: