About Me

My photo
Welcome! We are a homeschooling family of 12 living a smallish home, with a Lab named Samson, a Morkie named Cookie, and square foot gardens. Loving the Lord and learning as we go!

Us.

Us.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A box for Papa

My dad is still recovering from his surgery. He developed something called 'chemical meningitis' and is very weak. So he's staying at a nursing/rehabilitation center for a while. The kids have been praying for him every day. I haven't spoken to him on the phone for over a week..and can't get ahold of him (his hearing aids are not working properly, or his hearing has been damaged from the radiation). So, we decided to write him some letters and send him boxes of goodies! The kids are having fun finding things to put together. We bought some crossword puzzles in jumbo print, playing cards, baked some cookies and mini muffins...and lots of coloring pages. I don't know if dad will eat any of it, or even use the stuff we sent..but like I mentioned on the phone to my auntie..people who come by to visit can enjoy the goodies we sent :)

We mailed our first box to him today in a flat rate box. The postman said we saved over 6 dollars doing it that way. So we must've packed it well. We hope to send another box next week. I do hope it cheers him up a bit. I sure wish we could be there to visit him personally. We would be there every day or so if we could.

Thinking of dad stuck in bed is a hard thing to think about. I know it's even harder on him. He's a strong and independant man. He's definitely a 'manly' man. He drove log truck for most of my childhood..then he was a supervisor at a correctional facility. Not a job for 'softy' men. He took care of my mother till the moment she passed away...he was right by her side.

I pray that the Lord will give him strength, and that dad will accept help from the One who can help him through this.  If he can get strong, and have the small tumor removed from his lungs..his prognosis is excellent.

The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results! (James 5:16)

Is anything too hard for the Lord? Genesis 18:14)

Now..what to put in the next box....:)

No comments: