About Me

My photo
Welcome! We are a homeschooling family of 12 living a smallish home, with a Lab named Samson, a Morkie named Cookie, and square foot gardens. Loving the Lord and learning as we go!

Us.

Us.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bugs..at the dinner table.

There's just never a dull moment in this house.

Isaac and Noah were catching bugs this afternoon and putting them in a jar. Well, after they came in the house, Isaac started to build something out of a cardboard box. He kept coming to me and asking if he could have another freezer baggy. I said "OK" each time...without inquiring why. (shame on me!)

So..I have dinner ready. As we were sitting down, Isaac was still working on his project, taping, etc. When I realized WHAT he was doing. He made a huge "house" for his bugs. Taping cut up freezer bags resembling a "green house" for bugs. It wasn't taped very well. And his bugs were crawling all over inside..and escaping out the areas where he lacked tape. Well..I told him to clean it up, because we're eating now. (There were mostly potato bugs, etc. Seemingly harmless..not enough to make me squeemish)
So..I begin our prayers of thanks for our food...when suddenly..Ethan hollars out..LOOK, LOOK! I opened my eyes to see a huge centipede type creature crawling from behind my bowl of food! (and then mommy screamed) "Isaac...get your bug away from my food NOW!"

Needless to say..the bug house is going OUTSIDE..and so are the bugs. No more bugs at the dinner table.
:o)

No comments: