About Me

My photo
Welcome! We are a homeschooling family of 12 living a smallish home, with a Lab named Samson, a Morkie named Cookie, and square foot gardens. Loving the Lord and learning as we go!

Us.

Us.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Opportune times

And Jesus answered and said to him, "It has been said, "You shall not tempt the Lord your God.' Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time. ~Luke 4:12,13

Opportune time? When I am weak and tired..emotionally, physically and mentally drained, the devil is right there waiting for his opportune time..
I listened to Dr. Michael Youssef on Leading the Way. :o) It reminded me of last week...here's a copy of a post to some friends. (editing names)

Let's see...let me start with the printer. A few days ago I was sitting here with N, and the next thing I know..he reaches in under the front of my All In One/printer copier..which I use almost daily for school...and pulls out that flimsy clear strip..you know, that very IMPORTANT and VITAL piece inside of it. So..I once I realized what he'd just done, I started bawling..because it's junk now. So I called the store where I bought it, because I still had the receipt and I had it under one year. The guy there told me that it would still be under warranty and to call the company, but not to tell them that my son pulled out the strip or it would void the warranty as abuse to the product. At that point I'm thinking to myself..well, I'm can't LIE about it....but I'll call them anyway. But of course they do ask what was wrong with it, and all I said was "the strip came out." Went through some more steps such as model #, phone/address,etc..and then she transfered me to another guy to confirm the information, etc. Well..I sat on the phone with him for a bit, but I was starting to feel sick about it..because I didn't tell the whole truth..I was LYING for goodness sakes..it was not the whole truth..and I knew anything other than the WHOLE truth is a lie-not matter what. So I said.."Sir..I need to talk to you. I can't do this and I told him that it was pulled out. I knew that that would void the warranty and that I was really sorry for wasting their time. But then all he said to me was.."Ma'am, I appreciate your honesty..(and he was chuckling at me ..and I was almost in tears again)..but here is your confirmation code..we are still going to ship you a new one under warranty anyway and it will arrive by 3/2. So that was that. They probably knew it wasn't true all along..
So there ya go. Do I deserve this new printer? No way. But are they giving me one anyway...yes.
Is this really about a printer?? No..it's about my selfish, sinful, spoiled self..who has been washed in the blood of the Lamb.

Next..N took a meat tenderizer and pounded on the edge of our kitchen table..ruining the new laminate (hubbie laminated it just a few months ago) Next...it was evening and I had N and M in the bathroom with us while hubbie took a bath so we could talk. We were on our way out and N needed to go potty so I said..Ok..and didn't think much of it. We were in our bedroom and about 4 minutes later, I comes running upstairs that there is water coming out of the ceiling in the kitchen..all over the floor! N plugged the toilet with TP..and kept flushing. AND DID NOT TELL US. He must've been scared and panicked..hubbie took N to his room to talk to him, and I cleaned up everything..and mopped. It needed mopped up there anyway. And the kitchen always needs mopped. :P Poor N..
NEXT..here's the email I sent my mom this morning..just so I don't have to type it all out again I went in to town to pick up hubbie yesterday so I could pick up a used baby swing I called on in the free ads. Well..now that our van is paid off, we "initiated" it into the family yesterday. We side-swiped someone..they were in our blind spot and hubbie didn't see them. It's not bad..my side mirror is broken..just the glass..the whole thing flipped in so it didn't break. But my front fender is dented and has red paint on it now. The lady we hit was driving a "beater"..and we hit her door, and her lock won't work now, but she thinks her husband can fix it. SO, she may not call the insurance..hubbie will call her tonight. The POOR lady..was just rear-ended the day before too! So she really didn't want to go through that whole insurance mess again. I'm praying! I really don't want our insurance to go up every month..I'd rather just pay to have her door fixed instead! I got the used baby swing. It's great! I'm letting little E.J. (our niece) use it for a while. I don't need it till August anyway ) Then we went to Walmart to buy some clippers to cut the boys hair & we bought some snacks cuz we were all hungry. Anyway, I'm going through the line with Isa..hubbie had the boys waiting by the door. The check out girl was Asian..and after I paid and she bagged up the stuff..it was still sitting on that spinning rack thingy..and I started asking her questions about the spinning rack..and then the next thing I know..he points to her nose..and starts to ask why it was so flat? I caught his arm halfway through his sentence..and said "thank you!" to the girl..grabbed my bag of snacks and walked out. Well..it wasn't until about 9pm that we realized we left the clippers in the car. No..they're not in there. DUH..I left THAT bag at the checkout line in my hurry to get outta there! SO I called Walmart and the guy said no problem, just bring in my receipt and get a refund or replacement of whatever I bought, so hubbie will go by tonight after work.

ANYWAY...TODAY IS A NEW DAY THE LORD HAS MADE... :o)
...even through emotional turmoil, spiritual and mental exhaustion.....I wil turn my eyes to the Lord..and THANK Him for these moments, and for carrying us through.
God is good..all the time!

No comments: