About Me

My photo
Welcome! We are a homeschooling family of 12 living a smallish home, with a Lab named Samson, a Morkie named Cookie, and square foot gardens. Loving the Lord and learning as we go!

Us.

Us.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Comfort in His Word..

In writing a letter to my Aunt, who's mother has just passed on, I was searching through the scriptures for some words of comfort for her. But instead..I found I could not stop reading. The Word of God brought such comfort to me, and I couldn't get enough of it. Needless to say, the letter is still unwritten.
My heart is hurting a bit today, for other reasons, but He gives me comfort. He is my rock...my salvation. The words from Chip Brogden's Fear No Man, (see my post below)..kept me in check today.

"The Lord is my strength and song, And he has become my salvation." Psalm 118:14

"My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.

Trust in Him at all times, you
people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah
Psalm 62:5-8

Our hope..as we await His return..

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
Revelations 22:20-21

No comments: