About Me

My photo
Welcome! We are a homeschooling family of 12 living a smallish home, with a Lab named Samson, a Morkie named Cookie, and square foot gardens. Loving the Lord and learning as we go!

Us.

Us.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

What A Different Life I Lead..

My oldest and youngest were playing on the front porch this afternoon, and I was standing out there with them, getting some fresh air when a school bus pulled up out front to drop off the neighbor girl. She's about the same age as my second oldest son. It's 3:15 in the afternoon..and it just occured to me what a different life I lead, compared to if my children were gone all day long. I truely do enjoy having them here..and teaching them and learning with them. Of course, I could imagine what kinds of things I could get done if they were away all day, and someone else did the teaching. My house would be so clean! I would probably have logged in much more computer time! The stairs would be painted before summer!
BUT..what would my children be learning away from me? What did they do all day? What did they learn? Who did they play with..what did they LEARN from who they played with? What kinds of morals is the teacher teaching them? And even if they were good..what good is good morals, without telling them WHO originally TEACHES those morals!? Jesus Christ! AND I know THAT will not be taught in the public school system..(or even some Christian school systems!)
So even if my child is a little bit behind in his reading, or my other doesn't know "street smarts", they will know this: That God is the creator of ALL, and the good morals are from Him! Not the world's idea of a good person.

"For the Lord grants wisdom! From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity. -Proverbs 2"6-7"

"Anyone who listens to My teaching and obeys Me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse, because it is built on rock. Matthew 7:24-25"

"And this is His commandment: We must believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. Those who obey God's commandments live in fellowship with Him, and He with them. And we know He lives in us because the Holy Spirit lives in us. 1 John 3:23-24"

No comments: